Welcome to Native Baking Company!
Welcome to Native Baking Company, an artisanal bakery devoted to taking the good old American bar cookie to new heights.
Our offerings range from comforting classics, like brownies and lemon bars, to imaginative multilayered creations like the Elvis bar and the Smoked Nuts 'n' Chew. We are inspired by classic flavor combinations, the seasonal bounty of our Native San Francisco area, and the custom requests from YOU, our creative patrons.
About the Chef
Jennifer Kenny Nguyen is a fifth generation Native San Franciscan and a passionate pastry chef with more than twelve years of experience. Since graduating from the Culinary Institute of America at Greystone, she has cooked in a number of San Franciscan restaurant pastry kitchens including Hawthorne Lane, Aqua, Salt House and Campton Place. In 2007, she was named a Rising Star Chef by the SF Chronicle. Most recently, she was the pastry chef at one Michelin-starred restaurant Spruce. While she loved making high-end desserts, what she really craved on her day off was a killer brownie. She started Native Baking in 2013, committed to expanding her bar cookie repertoire and baking everything by hand and with care in San Francisco.
Our Bar Cookie Menu
Here are some ideas of what we like to bake.
MAC Bar – mocha, almond, coconut
Elvis Bar – banana, peanut butter, maple-glazed bacon
Nuts 'n' Chew Bar – smoked nuts, chewy honey caramel
Bear Bar – almonds, dried cherries, orange honey
Whiskey Business – pretzels, whiskey buttercream, chocolate glaze
S’mores Bar – graham cracker, brownie, toasted marshmallow
Hella Rich Bar – Krispies, vanilla caramel, chocolate glaze
Thunder & Lightnin’ – oatmeal raisin bars filled with fudge
MayDay - shortbread, roasted peanuts, chewy salted caramel
Cream cheese swirl
Dulce de Leche
Impossible GF, V
Impossible with Walnuts GF, V
Cookies ’n’ Cream
Seasonal fruit toppings/jam swirls
Brown Sugar Blondies
Malted Milk chocolate
Cookies ’n’ Cream
Apricot, Fig, and other seasonal fruits
Rice Krispie Treats
Krisperoos – chocolate and peanut butter
Krispie Nib Treat – salted caramel and cocoa nibs
Matcha Almond Crunch Bars WF
Pumpkin Spice - cinnamon ginger and pumpkin seeds WF, V
Sesame WF, V
Krispie Nib Treat WF, V
Got something else in mind? Give us a call and we’ll work it out.
GF=made with totally gluten free ingredients
WF=wheat free. Made with traces of barley malt, which is usually fine for people who are gluten intolerant, but not suitable for celiacs and others with very severe gluten allergies
Bar Cookie Pricing
$20/dozen Teasers (half-size)
Inquire about delivery within San Francisco
Other Sweet Treats
Kindly order your treats 48 business hours in advance
Classic Cookies $27/dozen
Chocolate Chip with Sea Salt
Coconut Macaroons GF $12/dozen
Milk Tea Cookies $32/dozen
Whoopie Pies $30/dozen
Cookies 'n' Cream
Classic Cakes (Mini Cupcakes $15/doz, Regular Cupcakes $40/doz, 9” $45, ¼ sheet $65, ½ sheet $115)
- Vanilla Butter Cake with Fudge Frosting or Vanilla Buttercream
- Chocolate Devil’s Food Cake with Fudge Frosting or Vanilla Buttercream
- Aunt Elaine’s Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Signature Cakes (9” $55, ¼ sheet $75, ½ sheet $135)
- German Chocolate - Chocolate Devil’s Food Cake filled with German (caramel,coconut, pecan) Filling and iced with Fudge Frosting
- Black Forest - Chocolate Devil’s Food Cake soaked with a little bit of whiskey, filled with Cherry Compote and Whipped Cream and Iced with Whipped Cream and Chocolate Shavings
- Lemon Dream - Vanilla Butter Cake soaked with lemon syrup, filled with Lemon Curd and covered with Torched Meringue or Vanilla Buttercream
- Mocha Cake - Vanilla Butter Cake filled with Espresso Buttercream and iced with Fudge Frosting
- Tres Leches - Vanilla Sponge Cake soaked with three types of milk, filled with Seasonal Fruit and finished with Whipped Cream
- The CM Special - Chocolate Devil’s Food Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting and a Dark Chocolate Drizzle
We also make Muffins, Scones, Coffeecake, Quickbreads, Cupcakes and Cookies, with traditional and custom flavor combinations available. Got something in mind? Send us a message and let’s make your sweet dreams come true!
Look out for our Seasonal and Special Holiday Menus
Find Us At...